Tuesday, April 5, 2016

It finally drives straight! Who will I be up against in the end?

      This week in STEM I was able to fix a HUGE flaw that my robot had ever since it was able to move. That flaw was that whenever I drove my robot one of the motors was faster than the other so my robot would drive off to one side more than the other making it impossible to drive in a straight line. This made driving the robot a hassle and it took so much time away in trying to get to the balls and to get to the goals. Well this week after noticing that the program on the motors of the robot was not the issue I pulled off the two motors that move the back wheels and noticed that one of them was a high speed and the other was just a regular motor so after making it a high speed motor that fixed the problem. It was amazing seeing my robot drive straight and since I was used to driving it the other way I need to practice on the field to get the hang of it now, I'm sure this is going to help out a lot in terms of time and being able to score more points in that one minute period. Here's an image of exactly how I felt when I saw my robot drive in a straight line. I'm trying to upload a video of the robot driving not sure if it will upload though.





No comments:

Post a Comment