Sunday, April 17, 2016

Friendly Robotics Competition so Far

     This week we managed to do some of the test towards the competition of this semester with my robot against Lily's. The speed round we did by doing a 50 ft forward and back drag race down the hallway outside of the STEM room in E-224 I believe. We each had 3 runs to calculate an average run time for each of us. My average ended up being around 58 seconds and Lily's was over a minute I believe but I was able to beat her in the speed round. The next competition we did was the manual or driver control shooting round which is only one minute long. We each had 3 trials again to score as many balls as possible in the goals, but unfortunately I lost in the manual competition with only 11 points while Lily was able to score 20 points. Her robot's launcher shot really farther than mine and she had good accuracy. Another test that I did was the autonomous portion which is programming the robot to score the points on its own and I was able to get 11 points in 3 trials. Lily still hasn't done this part of the competition so my results and data are still pending but I'm hoping she doesn't beat me! After this last test we just need to weigh each one of our robots and calculate the total cost of each to have our data complete. Overall this was a really fun project and I enjoyed working with these robots so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment