Thursday, March 10, 2016

Nothing But Net Vex Competition at ASU

This week at the STEM internship we competed at the VEX nothing but net competition which was held at the ASU Tempe campus. There were a lot more people there than I expected even though most of them were affiliated with the middle and high school competition than ours. Either way it's nice to see that robotics is something that is growing in the interest of the youth. All the robots have to pass an inspection before they even are able to practice on the field and it turns out that my robot was about an inch too wide of the 15x15x15 requirement for a small robot. I had to move the entire gear portion of the robot over so it could fit the requirement which took some time. When it finally passed the inspection I started having some battery problems with the robot turning off on the field. With my robot not able to compete Lucas and Ainsley used their robots to compete in the beginning and they did great. Once the eliminating rounds started I was helping Ainsley load the balls into the robot and I drove Lily's small robot which had the main purpose of being picked up by the big robot. It was difficult driving her robot and getting it in position but I was able to get it there a couple of times. We ended up losing in the semifinals but against a very tough team from Colorado. The competition was a lot of fun even though my robot didn't compete I definitely want to go again and try and win first. Here's a video of me trying to score on the high goal with my robot but I wasn't able to.



No comments:

Post a Comment