Thursday, November 7, 2013

Rookie Mistake! Gram Negative AND Positive?





  

                                Gram Negative Bacilli                           Gram Positive Cocci

     This week I was trying to figure out what my new bacteria or actually bacterias were since I was given two bacteria in one broth medium. I did a gram stain on each bacteria and I was able to identify that I have a gram positive cocci and a gram negative bacilli in my unknown, with the help of Josh and the use of oil on the microscope. Yet, I have committed a rookie mistake! When I inoculated some TSB with each bacteria I very foolishly forget to label which bacteria was which. I simply marked it bacteria #1 and #2 how silly of me to do. So now I have to re-do my process and stain them again next week which is a bummer because I want to start on my Staph aureus/MRSA project already! I've also been working on my article review which has been a bit troubling with the amount of vocabulary I do not understand and have to look up. Yet everything seems to be going well and I can't wait for the FIELD TRIP TOMORROW YAAAAY :)




No comments:

Post a Comment