Thursday, November 14, 2013

Museum Trip and The END to the unknowns

       This past Friday a group of STEM interns and Matt, Josh, Dijana and Anil (sorry if I got the name wrong) took a trip down to the National History Museum in Mesa in the awesome Phoenix College Van! The Museum was really cool and there were many interesting things there like dinosaurs skeletons, meteorites/asteroids, rocks, fossils, panning for gold, a cell, a maze through a mine! Many things to see and experience and it was really fun and I wanted to thank the STEM team for the trip and the delicious subway in the parking lot. It wasn't the best spot but it will do hopefully next time we have a better place to eat. Also if the next trip is to the brewery I'm unfortunately still under the age of 21 so no fair but I would still enjoy the trip. Here are some pictures for those who did not attend to enjoy.




        Finally I have identified the bacterias in my unknown. Josh had given me two bacterias in one broth. I did and oxidase test to the gram negative bacilli and it was negative, so I did a glucose fermentation and was also negative. On the gram positive cocci I did the catalase test and it was positive, glucose fermentation test and was also positive, finally a MSA test and again positive. The two bacterias were (Gram Positive Cocci) Staphylococcus aureus and (Gram Negative Bacilli) Enterbacter aerogenes. This is the end to the investigations of unknown bacterias for now but I will probably have to do these processes again in some Bio class but now I am prepared and I know what to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment