Thursday, February 18, 2016

First Week back at S-STEM Program Spring 2016, Robotics Project

-image-

   This was my first week back at the S-STEM program and it feels good to be back and meet some new people and scholars, along with the people I knew from my previous internship. My project is going to be based around VEX robotics which are robots that are built from scratch using  materials (wheels, structural beams, motors, wires, gears, etc.) and are made to do a task or to compete against other robots. In my case there is a VEX competition upcoming in March 5th called Nothing but Net at ASU which is a competition where robots must pick up plastic balls and shoot them at goals and have to beat the other team's score. This semester I have to build two small robots with dimensions no bigger than 15x15x15 inches. My first robot that I've started already will be designed like a motorcycle and it's job is to ultimately be small enough to fit and drive up inside the larger robots pictured above to the right. The point of this robot is to get us 25-50 extra points to our score as long as it's 4-12 inches off the ground. The second small robot is going to be a small shooter robot based off the design below that will hopefully be able to score on the higher goals. My parts are ordered for my second robot and I should be able to start building next week. Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment